Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's Tyra!!!! - Team Drekitude


I noticed that the CW are rerunning episodes of ANTM cycle 15 on Wednesday nights this summer. It gave me an idea - why not use my noggin' and compile some ANTM related lists? Everyone likes a good list, yes?

I thought I'd start by compiling a dream cast. We all know who will be participating in the All-Star cycle in the fall, and I've weighed in on the cast. What I'm thinking is a list of girls that would participate in the opposite of an All-Star cycle, a "best of the worst" cycle if you will. I've titled my dream cast "Team Drekitude", in honour of the great Andre Leon Talley who obviously would not participate in the fantasy cycle as he is fantastic.



Before I get to the list, a quick preface: I've chosen the girls for the list based on things that happened on their cycles on the show. I distrust the way that girls on ANTM are edited, especially those girls that come off as mean or crazy. I honestly am guessing that these ladies are all probably nice and would be fun to have a drink with. So, to be clear, I'm ragging on how they came off during their time on ANTM, not the ladies themselves. These are the girls I'd rather not watch on ANTM again.

Ok, now...Team Drekitude:

1) Tyra Banks

Obviously. In my Team Drekitude cycle, Tyra would host the show, be one of the contestants, be the only member of panel, teach all of the challenge-related lessons, style the photo shoots, take all of the photos, write the theme tune, perform the theme tune...

2) Jade - Cycle 6

Very pretty girl, terrible exit poem. She was correct, though. Jade will be hard to forget. While I didn't enjoy her on ANTM, I think she would be pretty fun to watch on Survivor

3) Jael - Cycle 8

Jael is a great model and took decent photos. Her "craziness" in her cycle seemed forced, especially all of that business with 50 Cent. I'm guessing that the producers asked her to play up her zaniness (in response to the popularity of former cast members like Lisa D'Amato and Jade) and she did just that. She would be better on a scripted reality show, like The Hills.

4) Erin - Cycle 13

Erin is totally the Eeyore of ANTM. Everyone else was so happy and positive during her cycle, but Erin was always crying or whining about something. The worst was how she complained that she didn't like her prize for the challenge that she won because it wasn't jewellery, clothes or cash. Ugh. This may have just been her edit, or she may have just seemed grumpy next to such positive girls as Jennifer, Sundai and Laura. Whatever the case, she makes Team Drekitude. Also, her photos were just meh.

5) Brandy - Cycle 4

Cycle 4 of ANTM is one of the better cycles of the show, with lots of strong contestants and memorable moments: Rebecca fainting, Tiffany getting yelled at, Michelle's impetigo, Iluvy's fish photo, lots more. I had forgotten about Brandy, as she was eliminated fairly early on for having a bad attitude. If she had been on a later cycle, she might have been someone who we loved to hate, but instead she is just forgettable.

6) Jaeda - Cycle 7

Jaeda would be cast on Team Drekitude based solely on how she cried when she got her hair cut. She took great photos but, by Cycle 7,  all contestants should have been aware that Tyra hates it when you are critical of their "Ty-over". Miss J even warned the girls at breakfast not to cry when they get their makeovers. This was Jaeda's response, making her dramatic sobbing later in the episode seem so lame:

7) Hannah - Cycle 11

Cycle 11 is the worst of all of the ANTM cycles. Hands down. There were lots of pretty annoying cast members (Marjorie, Elina, Samantha, McKee, Analeigh) and the girl I thought should win the whole thing (Lauren Brie) was eliminated fairly early on in the competition. I think that Hannah was the worst girl in this cycle, and quite possibly had the worst walk ever on ANTM. Miss J described her as walking "like she had a bowling ball dropped on her head." She was annoying with the other girls and seemed not to understand when she was out of order. Plus...and I hope this isn't too harsh...she was so rough that she was eliminated after a challenge. No Tyra hug or pep-talk or anything. She got eliminated by Mr. Jay. That's Team Drekitude right there.

8) Hannah - Cycle 16

Another Hannah! This Hannah is Team Drekitude on account of always complaining about being labeled forgettable. Whiny is not better than forgettable. Ugh.

9) [tie] Jessica & Brenda - Cycle 14

Another pretty terrible cycle. I enjoyed some of the contestants (like Alasia), but most were just meh and a few were downright annoying. I had to go back and re-watch some of this season as I'd blocked it out in my head some how, apart from ALT wanting to hang Alasia's bum picture in his salon. I was reminded of the two most annoying girls of the cycle: Brenda & Jessica. I couldn't decide who was worse so they're both Team Drekitude. Jessica came off as spoiled and lame (possibly just a bad edit) and her pictures weren't great. Brenda was super annoying about her "Ty-over" and had pretty weak photos too. Drekitude!

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment