Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Max Out Yo Credit Card - Election Day Edition

Hey fellas! Did you vote yet today? If you live in Canada I hope that you will today. Can't whine about the government as we all like to do unless you exercise your democratic right to vote. I'm heading out to the polls in a couple of hours, after I clean all of the mess off the 'lil peanut and get him to take a nap. He is currently covered in oatmeal, banana, water and rice puff cereal. He looks more like a 'lil dirty hobo than a peanut. He likes baths, so lucky buddy gets two today.

So, if you've read this blog before, you'll recognize that it is pretty light and I don't weigh in on political controversies and such. This is on purpose. I have lots of opinions about politics and news, but there are many more eloquent folks than myself expressing such views on a variety of blogs. There are also many yahoos who write stuff I think is garbage, and I would be sad if the consensus was that my political writings were in that vein. I think I'll stick with fashion and fun.

As I said above, I have lots of opinions on this Federal election, but I'll keep them to myself for the purposes of this blog. Please, please, please vote today. Your one vote could make a big difference...especially if you're in a riding that is going to be a horse race like mine.

So here's what I'll be wearing to go and vote today. No political endorsement intended (wink, wink).




Oh...you'll probably notice that none of the pieces above are Hermes, despite that brand identifying so strongly with the colour orange. This is on purpose also. I despise that snooty brand for a number of reasons. They dissed Oprah! Boooooo!!

Giambattista Valli Belted Silk-Poplin Shirt Dress (net-a-porter.com)
Lanvin French Espadrille (barneys.com)
Marc Jacobs Single Bag (neimanmarcus.com)

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment