Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Shows...Ugh

So, now that ANTM has finished, I've been looking to see if there was a show during the summer that would be fun to recap. I read the summer schedule and then made this face:


Why is tv this summer so bad you guys? I watched the last 20 minutes of The Bachelorette tonight and it makes me miss Tyra. That poor lady appears to have low self-esteem (according to the preview for next week's show) and is jealous of a lady called Emily. I get that, as Emilys are generally rad. OMG you guys, the Phantom of the Opera is one of her suitors!

Oh, also...spoiler alert...the big plot line for next week is that a dude named after a car is not interested and will make the Bachelorette cry. She appears to cry a bunch. Stop the competition, I've found her perfect dude. Eh?

After The Bachelorette, I watched 5 minutes of Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and...turned it off after the subject picked to lose weight described herself as "literally the elephant in the room when [she's] with [her] family". Yeah.

Honestly, the two shows I described above were the ones I found I'd be most likely to recap. I briefly considered the latest MTV Challenge show, called Rivals this season, but those shows are totally a guilty pleasure of mine and I don't know how many others get that excited to see some drunk fools off of Real World roll around in mud with this fellow:

I lost my taste for Big Brother a long time ago...I'm not a fan of Masterchef...not even going to waste any of my snarky barbs on the new Paris Hilton show...nothing is looking promising. There's Toddlers and Tiaras, but even a jerk like me doesn't feel right about making jokes about those little girls.

Don't cry for me...I'm going to be spending my summer catching up on season 2 of The Only Way Is Essex and watching TCM. Oh, yeah, I've decided that my summer recap show is going to be...Britain's Next Top Model. Not very original, I know, but they're including Irish girls in the cast this season and I love me some Elle McPherson. The show starts in July...be ready!

XOXO,
Emily

Crazy dude photo via gawker.com; Kenny photo via nypost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment