Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mood Music - Oscar Winners

Looking back over the list of Academy Award winners for Best Original Song, there have been some awesome choices over the years. I'm sure you remember that Eminem has won, as well as Three Six Mafia & Isaac Hayes (for Shaft!). Plus, Randy Newman...who has only won once! I feel like he should have won way more. He's been nominated 20 times. Maybe this year is again his year. Although, he is up against Dido...

Here are my top picks of Oscar winners for Best Original Song:

Christopher Cross is always my top pick! I hope they have him do an updated version of this song for the new Arthur remake...perhaps with Chromeo?

It warms my heart that Lionel Richie has also won. Yay Lionel!

Have you ever seen the movie Thank God It's Friday? I have...it wasn't as cheesy or as funny as I was hoping. If you like Jeff Goldblum, make sure to put it on your Zip list. Don't think it's on Netflix in Canada (big surprise). I hope that the packaging for the DVD mentions that it is an Academy Award winning film! It was a tough choice between this song and the theme from Fame. If Leroy had sung that theme, it would be my top pick for sure!

XOXO
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment