Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - Maria


I was crazy into Sesame Street when I was small. I watched it every Saturday and Sunday morning. I remember some of the songs and skits and they get stuck in my head from time to time.  I liked Susan and Gordon the best in terms of "non-puppet" actors because they sang the best songs, but from a style perspective the only real standout was Maria.


When I was a Sesame Street viewer, Maria always stuck to wearing bell bottom jeans and colourful tops.   She wore minimal makeup and her hair was either down or half-up. She always looked relaxed, casual and cool.


I've been finding myself adopting Maria's look a bunch lately. Even though it's wicked throwback, it still feels fresh and fun. I don't know what the kids are really watching these days, but hopefully little girls have a style role model like Maria to look up to. She's still on Sesame Street and still looks pretty great.


XOXO
Emily

Maria photos via muppet.wikia.com and nwhp.org

No comments:

Post a Comment