Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Naptime Netflix - I Am Love



With the Academy Awards taking place on Sunday, I thought I should try to find a special movie on Netflix Canada to watch while my peanut had his nap. My intention was to take a snarky approach and look for a ridiculous movie staring a former Oscar winner who now has fallen out of favour (Cuba Gooding Jr for example). Nothing like chuckling at a talented star trapped in a bad film to brighten your afternoon. Before I started my search for a craptacular film, just for the hell of it, I searched the titles of some of this year's Oscar nominees and...

OMG YOU GUYS! One of the films nominated for an Academy Award this year is available on Netflix Canada!!! I had to watch it. I Am Love is an Italian movie that stars Tilda Swinton and tells the story of a rich family that owns a textile manufacturing plant. It's nominated for Best Costume Design at this year's Oscars.

Ridiculous Factor?
This movie is the opposite of ridiculous. It is gorgeous to look at, the costumes are beyond fantastic and the story is pretty engaging. I'm a big Tilda Swinton fan, so the fact that she can look so great, and that her Italian is pretty flawless, made me love this film even more. Plus, one of the characters is played by the beautiful Marisa Berenson!

Verdict?
Netflix, you got me. I am humbled. An awesome movie that I hadn't seen in theatre or on demand or anything...what a pleasant surprise! I don't think this film will win an award on Sunday, but I dug it. The clothes, sets and cinematography were beyond gorgeous. So good!

XOXO
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment