Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Canadian Fashion Week - F/W 2011


Good morning, good morning...hope you had a relaxing weekend. It's Fashion Week here in Toronto this week, so I've decided to focus on Cancon this week with all of my posts. If I'm being honest, I tend to look to other places (New York, London, Paris) to influence my personal style. I make a point of keeping up with the best Canadian bands and films, so it's time for me to start paying attention to the best in Canadian fashion too.

There are some pretty fantastic designers here in Canada (my current fave is Phillip Sparks) and some pretty great blogs - I Want I Got and Toronto Is Fashion are two that I check out regularly.

Unless you are magic or well-connected, you're probably not going to snag tickets to any of the Fashion Week shows or parties at this point. Instead, why not support home grown fashion and design by checking out the One Of A Kind show later in the week? There are so many cute things to check out...you will spend some cash so be ready.

If you're more interested in parties than shopping, go party it up at Eternal Sunrise: A Benefit For Japan on Wednesday night. All funds raised at the event will be donated to Plan Canada.

You should also go and say hi to the friendliest man in Toronto, the doorman at Holt's, while you still can. He always brightens my day! If you prefer to check out the fashion action from the comfort of your couch, there will be tons of coverage via the bigger media outlets (like Toronto Life).

Happy Fashion Week!!!

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment