Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - The Ultimate Dame


RIP Dame Elizabeth Taylor. What a wonderful woman she was!!! Talented actress, philanthropist, class act. She was also one of the most beautiful women of all time.

50's/60s-era Elizabeth Taylor has been a style inspiration for me since I was young. I started bleaching my hair at age 16, but seeing Dame Elizabeth look so gorgeous on screen helped me feel confident enough to go back to brunette a few years later. Her red lips, black-lined eyes, statement jewellery and figure-hugging dresses are all style staples for me. Her style was timeless and elegant.


If you haven't seen any of her films -- my faves are Giant, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf and Butterfield 8 -- please do yourself a favour and rent one. I know in her later years she's been mostly portrayed as an eccentric maneater, Michael Jackson BFF and tacky perfume queen, but the lady was such a talent. She will be missed.



photos via movieeye.com and igossip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment