Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Naptime Netflix - Flourish


Not too much new on the Netflix Canada front, so I decided to check out something in the "Mystery" genre. I was really tempted to watch The Secret, which looks hilarious, after reading this awesome review of the film. The movie Flourish appeared to be similarly wacky, so I thought I'd check it out. I was also sold because Leighton Meester is one of the film's stars. She is awesome. I will even watch that Gwyneth Paltrow country movie on DVD because Leighton is in it.

The film is about a lady who is insane and is the only one who knows how the 16 year old girl she was babysitting was murdered. Who did it? Is she really crazy? How long is this movie?

Ridiculous Factor?
This is one of those movies made in the vein of The Usual Suspects where the narrative jumps all around. You will have to suspend your disbelief in order to get into the film as well, as the plot is pretty out there.

Verdict?
Honesty time - I fell asleep about 20 minutes into this film. There was a lot going on. The acting was good, but the story was not. The film was shot in digital video and didn't look that great either, which I am not picky about but can be a problem for some film fans.

On the bright side, this movie marks the return of Dorothy Jane Torkelson! I loved that show.

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment