Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Naptime Netflix - Seven Alone



After watching that awful incesty film Butterfly last week, I thought I should try something more family friendly this week. I selected the film Seven Alone because it is about pioneer kids. Who doesn't love pioneer kids?

The film is based on the true story of the Sager family, who travel to Oregon in search of a better life.

Ridiculous Factor?
It's based on a true story, so I wouldn't describe it as ridiculous. It is a melo-drama so be prepared.

Verdict?
Sad news - the parents die...but don't worry, there is a happy ending. I'm a big Little House On The Prarie fan, so I really liked this movie as it reminded me of that show. The kids are pretty cute and sassy. Not the best movie ever, but not bad for Netflix Canada!

XOXO
Emily

PS - if you like happy endings, do not look up the Sager orphans on Wikipedia after you watch this film! Most of the kids are eventually murdered. Oh pioneers...

No comments:

Post a Comment