Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Dingus of the Week - Ryan Murphy



So, yeah, I hate Glee. I know lots of people love it and all, but I think it's pretty dreadful. Granted, I don't really like most musicals or comedy songs. I watched some episodes and - while Jane Lynch and that cutie Kurt are pretty good - I am more of a Glenemy than a Gleek. That Lea Michele is super annoying and Cory Monteith seems like he would be more suited playing Lenny in Of Mice and Men. Too far? Sorry!

Anyways, I don't like Glee but most people do, so I've begrudgingly respected the show...until this week. Creator Ryan Murphy gave an interview with the Hollywood Reporter where he throws a little tantrum about not being able to use a Kings of Leon song on his show. Oh no, the public is not going to be able to hear creepy teacher and fauxhawk kid sing a mashup of "Use Somebody" and "Blame it on the Rain". So sad.

Dude, your show is popular but it is not some sort of cultural institution. If a band doesn't want to licence their music to you, suck it up and write another Britney Spears song into your episode.

Oh, by the way Kings of Leon drummer...not ok to retaliate with homophobic twitter comments! That's even worse than being a dingus. I now hope that the football team on Glee does a mashup of "Sex on Fire" and "Hangin' Tough". Dummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment