Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Naptime Netflix - Happy Ever Afters


Another week of Netflix Canada slim pickings. It's so cold out that I've been fairly house-bound the past few days and thought a comedy would cheer me up. Most of the comedies available I've either seen or do not in any way/shape/form want to see. Best example of this - Still Waiting, the sequel to that horrible Ryan Reynolds waiter movie from a few years ago. No thanks. Barf.

I chose to watch Happy Ever Afters mainly because I hadn't heard of it at all before. It's an Irish movie and it stars Sally Hawkins (who I really liked in Happy Go Lucky).  I didn't recognize any of the other actors. The quickie plot: 2 couples get married and have their receptions at the same hotel. Madcap antics ensue...

Ridiculous Factor?
Very, very high. You'll have to suspend your disbelief pretty seriously to get into the humour of this movie. Not my cup of tea. The main character (Sally Hawkings) and her little girl are cute, but the rest of the cast are pretty weak.

Verdict?
One of my mom's favourite hobbies is to go to Rogers Video and buy the super-sale previously viewed DVDs. She only buys the ones that are like 3 for $10 and has brought home some dooooooozys. Always rom-coms. I'm guessing that my mom owns this movie and thinks it is pretty funny. Only watch this if you are the most hardcore lover of rom-coms. Me? Not so much. Still, I bet this movie is a billion times better than Still Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment