Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - Boots St. Claire


I've been thinking about The Facts of Life this week on account of Geri Jewell releasing her memoirs. I think Geri is pretty awesome and I'll for sure be flipping through her book next time I'm in the book store. I hope she's got some good dirt on Tootie in there! Ah, Tootie. There are so many good characters and episodes of The Facts of Life. My favourite episode of all time is when Tootie almost becomes a high fashion model until that downer Mrs. Garrett yells at the photographer for making Tootie too sexy.

Supermodel Tootie!
From a style perspective, the best character on the show hands down is Boots St. Claire, played by Jami Gertz. She's the head of the main sorority at Langley College, and shows up at Edna's Edibles a few times. I know that Blair is supposed to be the style icon on The Facts of Life, but Boots makes her look as frumpy as Mrs. Garrett. Plus, I love me some bitchy tv stereotypes. She's the quintessential "sweetie, darling" 80s preppy bitchy bitch. She is just a big ol' package of preppy goodness!

"Blair, you are so lame. Toodles!"

Whenever Boots is on screen she is styled so well! I love the expensive-looking neutrals she dresses in. The main (mane) attraction in Boots' look is her awesome hair. It's big, shiny and has a slight curl to it. I wear my hair in a ponytail most days (so my little peanut doesn't try to eat it), but when I go out I'll definitely be using Boots' hair and clean, fresh face as an inspiration.



XOXO
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment