Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - Cricket Blair


When I was still pretty young, my mom used to let me watch Young and the Restless after school. There were so many fierce ladies on that soap in the '80s, but Cricket was my favourite. She had the best perm, the most stylish clothes and was dating the most famous rock star in Genoa City.

Now I'm not considering getting a perm or anything, but I've been thinking about Cricket's signature make up look a bunch in the past few weeks. Putting together bright coloured eyeliner and really pink cheeks with a light lip colour (not frosted like Cricket, but a light pink/beige) has been working for me lately.  Looks great with earrings and shoulder pads!

XOXO
Emily

photo via daytimeconfidential.com

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the fun town world of blogging Em! Looking good lovely!

    ReplyDelete