Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Solid Fashion Advice - Husband Edition


My lovely husband David is dishing out the advice this week. I took his name, and now he is taking on the style dilemmas of others at my request.

Style Credentials
I find it surprising how many husbands have their wives buy all of their clothes for them. David is not that type of guy! He has good style and looks great all the time. He is also very, very opinionated about most topics - which makes him a prime candidate for an advice column. He is hilarious and makes me laugh a bunch every day. I found out today that he hates it when his wife asks him style advice questions for her blog. Ruh roh!!

Here we go...

Q: I want to update my look with a hat. What style would you suggest?
DAM: A cowboy hat...or a bowler. Both are equally ridiculous. Don't wear hats.
(Ed: please note that David wears a toque or baseball cap most days)

Q: What should I wear to a keg party? I want to look cute.
DAM: A ballgown, so you stand out. Perfect for keg stands.

Q: What one piece should I buy for Spring 2011?
DAM: Bowling shoes.

Barack is on trend!

Q: Is it ok for a lady to wear pants to church? If yes, what style?
DAM: Yes! Any style! Why...it's 2011. Who said ladies aren't allowed to wear pants?

Q: What is your top style advice tip?
DAM: I'm a dude
Q: What about for dudes?
DAM: No. No. I have no tips. Wait...scratch all of that. My top tip is bike shorts...over cargo pants.
Q: Over cargo pants?
DAM: Yes. Over cargo pants.

Thanks David!!! You are awesome.

XOXO
Emily

Barack bowling pic via manolomen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment