Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - Gwyneth, pre-Goop



Ok, shameful secret time - I'm totally one of those saddos that keeps an "inspirational look book" of clippings from magazines. I've been pasting fashion & beauty cuttings into sketch books for years now. Stop laughing, I do realize this is one step up from scrapbooking. I use my sad sketch books all the time for styling ideas, so yeah...won't be stopping anytime soon.

Anyways, when I was in my 1st year at Uni & in the throws of my clipping habit, Gwyneth was definitely my fave style icon. Before Goop, Madonna, Mario Batali, or Shallow Hal (booo), no one could touch her style. Prior to that unfortunate 2002 Oscar dress incident (google image search "Gwyneth oscar dress saggy" if you need a reminder), she stuck with beautiful and classic clothes. 

I, of course, did not have the funds to stock up on the awesome Calvin Klein pieces she was always photographed in. Luckily, I also thought her hair & makeup were always spot on. Yes, yes, I did copy her cute short blonde haircut and no, I'm not sorry. Looking back at photos of her circa the mid-90s, she looks classy and fresh. Me...not so much. In photos I look a lot like when Kelly cut her hair and had her bad phase with Colin on 90210. 

photo via instyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment