Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Solid Fashion Advice - Mom Edition


This week, I put my Mom in the hot seat and got her to dish out her brand of style advice. Let's get to it!

Style credentials:
My Mom loves to shop and is always on the hunt for a stylish deal. If it's not on sale, she doesn't buy it. She used to take me to the Winners at Bathurst and Lawrence all the time when I was a kid, like an OG of shopping. She travels a whole bunch (all over the world!) so she has a pretty global sense of style. Plus, she's a mom...and mom's always know best, yes?

Here we go...

Q: What should I wear on a dinner date?

MOM: I'd say a smart sweater and a pair of pants.


Q: Which sitcom character has the best style?

MOM: Past or present? Oh (pause), geez. I'm trying to think of any that have style. There's that woman on Modern Family, but she's a bit tarty. All my sitcoms - Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory - the women don't have such great style. I'll say Jennifer Aniston on Friends.


Q: What one piece should everyone get for Spring 2011?

MOM: A white shirt.


Q: Is it okay for a lady to wear pants to church?

MOM: Yes. Now, I say that with reservations.


Thanks Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment