Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Naptime Netflix - The Wiz


I had a hard time trying to find a movie to watch on Netflix this week. Part of the problem was that I borrowed a bunch of DVDs from my parents that they got in the mail from my uncle who lives in Shanghai. How could I watch Netflix when I could be watching this?

No, seriously, he sent a bunch of stuff that I wanted to see so I'm a bit movie-d out. Oh, p.s., watching pirated movies is wrong. Just say no.

I put on my thinking cap and decided to watch a Sidney Lumet film. He was such a great director and his passing this week was sad. I've enjoyed lots of his films, most especially Network, and wanted to see which films of his Netflix had available. This led to the discovery that he directed The Wiz!!!

I am a big fan of The Wiz. I've seen it a few times, mainly when I was a kid. I had just as much fun watching this today as I did when I was small. Be warned - this movie is looooooong and it does feel pretty dated. That being said, it is colourful, campy and fun. If you like cheesy musicals like Xanadu or Phantom of the Paradise...well, then you've probably already seen this film.

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment