Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Throwback Inspiration- Spice Girls


This Spice Girls song came on the radio today and I immediately remembered how great this video was from a style perspective. I was never really into the Spice Girls, but I like this 60s throwback song and how they mixed 60s and 90s styling in the video.


There are so many fantastic individual elements here: Geri's boots, Emma's coat, Victoria's suit and necklace...I could keep going.

All the girls have very similar makeup looks: crazy heavy eye-makeup and those 90s mega-lined lips. I normally cut right back on the makeup in the Spring/Summer, so I'm kinda into the idea of doing heavy makeup like this for going out at night. I also love Victoria's short hair. Not so crazy about Mel C's hair extentions, but overall the styling here is fun and upbeat. Girl power!

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment