Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Throwback Inspiration - Brett Anderson


Watching Gregory Gorgeous and his paid actor pals on The Avenue got me to think about gentlemen that inspire me from a fashion perspective. There are many to pick from, so I've selected someone who was a major fashion inspiration for me in the '90s.

Brett Anderson is the lead singer of the band Suede. When their first album was released in 1993, I became pretty instantly hooked. I was a fan of the music, but I was also a fan of Brett's look. He mostly wore button down shirts and flares, occasionally with a leather jacket. His look was pretty androgynous, so it wasn't too difficult to adopt and make a bit more feminine.

This spring, I'm not really into the super 70s pieces that I'm seeing in the shops. It seems much more fresh to toughen it up a bit, like pairing corduroy flares with a button down top and some silver hoop earrings a la Brett. I'm also digging some of Brett's colour combinations, looking back at some Suede videos at the time: lots of black, but sometimes an unexpected pairing of colours (e.g. light blue with grey).

Suede are playing at Coachella tomorrow. If you're going to be there, I am very jealous! Enjoy!

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment