Kids are awesome and moms love their kids...but between the Raffi and the playdates and the nurturing and such, sometimes you need a quick break. Take a breather from the "mom (or dad) zone" for a few minutes. Put the baby in the crib, grab your tea, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Requisite Royal Wedding Post


Are you sick of hearing about the Royal Wedding yet? Yeah, me too. I'm still planning to watch on PVR Friday morning, but I'm over all the silly media coverage. A few weeks ago, I was planning for all my posts this week to be Royal Wedding-related, but I've changed my mind after being bombarded with wedding tidbits for days and days.

Instead, I'm going to devote a few dozen words to the event here, plus there will be a special edition of Ask Arlo on Thursday so that Arlo can weigh in on what the guests should wear to the event.

Despite the media overload, I still totally think Kate Middleton is awesome and will be an amazing bride. I know that most of the pundits are betting on Kate wearing a Sarah Burton for McQueen design, and I'm thinking that is what she'll wear too. If it were up to me, I would love to see her have Temperley London design her wedding gown. I'm guessing her dress will be giant and dramatic, but I think she would look so elegant in something a bit more sleek, like Carolyn Bisette Kennedy's dress.

Kate wearing something like the dress in the photo, plus a huge veil and longer beaded train, would be so wonderful!

Even though I'm pretty over all the Royal Wedding coverage, I'm still finding it much more palatable than the Canadian Federal Election coverage. That is some drekitude right there! If you are in Canada, please make sure you vote next Monday! Do some homework about your riding, try to block out all the media blarf and vote, vote, VOTE!

Happy Wedding week!

XOXO,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment